These are the requirements that a school transport driver must meet to ensure the safety of passengers
In HiPlans, all activities are covered and protected by a group of experienced professionals, with whom we have worked since our beginnings and in whom we trust.
More and more children travel to school by means other than the private vehicle. School transport becomes the most popular and used way for the smallest of the house to reach their centers but also a great ally when hiring an excursion or departure outside the school grounds.
The safety of children is the most important and one of the main concerns parents have is in the hands of who their children stay. Therefore, it is sought that the driver is sufficiently prepared and trained to properly drive these cars designed to transport groups of passengers.
In HiPlans, all activities are covered and protected by a group of experienced professionals, with whom we have worked since our beginnings and in whom we trust. In addition, we offer driver data through our application so parents know who drives the bus in which their children travel.
Here are the minimum requirements that we believe a professional school transport driver must meet:
- The General Regulations of Drivers require the permission D with which the driver is authorized to transport eight or more passengers.
- The minimum age to obtain this license is 24 years old.
- The driver must have a special license that allows to cover the assigned school route. In addition the itinerary and its stops must be approved in advance and not exceed 60 minutes.
- This permit must be renewed every 5 years. Once the driver’s 65th birthday, this period of time will be shortened to every 3 years.
- They must be holders of the CAP, Certificate of Professional Aptitude, which ensures their updated training.
- The driver cannot have a record as an offender or have previously lost his driving license. It is also a requirement that he does not have a history for sexual crimes.
- The driver will ensure the safety of passengers and their physical integrity. It will also check that minors get out of the vehicle safely.
- In the event that passengers are under 16 and are at least one third of the passengers on the bus, another adult qualified for the function will be required.
- It will be the driver’s responsibility to inspect the conditions of the bus before starting the route and to place the “School Transportation” sign in a visible place.
- It is worth remembering that the driver must circulate respecting the traffic rules specific to the permit, driving and rest times.